12.13.2013

Upcycled BIRCHBOX to Bridesmaid Box

by Jodi

A bridesmaid isn't just someone who stands beside you at your ceremony or throws you incredible pre-wedding parties; she's someone who has been there throughout the engagement, she's been your mediator, your therapist and your bridal consultant. With that in mind, Rusty and I agreed that we'd treat our bridal party right!

I purchased gifts for my bridal party that reflected their individual style, which I gave to each of them separately, but I also wanted something I could give to each of them at the Rehearsal Dinner. Cue Pinterest. I found this adorable box, but soon learned that the company no longer made them.

The Inspiration
That's where I got the idea to upcycle all my BIRCHBOX I've been hoarding, and here's how to do it:
    
Items Needed for One Box:
  • 2 BIRCHBOX Boxes 
  • Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
  • Scissors or Box Cutter
  • Wrapping Paper 
  • Double Sided Tape
  • Ribbon
  • Tissue Paper or other cute packaging insert

Assemble the Top 
  1. Completely remove one side from Box Top A (do not throw away!) 
  2. Slice two corners on Box Top B, and fold down the side. 
  3. Put the two boxes together and glue the folded side of Box Top B down on Box Top A. 
Assemble the Bottom
  1. Glue together the bottoms of Box A and Box B at their sides. 
  2. Take the piece that was removed from Box Top A and place as a separator on one side. 
Decorate the Box
  1. Using wrapping paper and double-sided tape, cover the box top and bottom separately. 
  2. If you do not have the newer BIRCHBOX boxes with pretty insides, then use another decorative paper to cover the tops and bottoms. 
Toss in Some Gifts

I chose a "Something Old, New, Borrowed and Blue" theme for the gifts:
  • Something Old: Vintage Compacts for my Coordinators, Broach for my Bridesmaids which they used to decorate their bouquets. (Compacts and Broaches, Uncommon Objects
  • Something New: Limbo Jewelry Earrings (Lotus Mixed Medium Earrings, $65.00).
  • Something Borrowed & Something Blue: I wasn't sure what to do for Borrowed, but I knew I'd do Essie nail polish in blue for Blue. Luckily, Essie killed two birds with one stone for me! (Essie Borrowed & Blue, $8.50)
  • Oops Kit: I also upcycled the little boxes inside the BIRCHBOX to make an Oops Kit, containing mints, small sewing kit, Advil and Shout Wipe. 
Another gift idea is to put that BIRCHBOX subscription to good use! If you find a scent, color or sample your bridesmaid would like, throw it on in! 

Add a Bow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!