4.25.2011

A Woman's Touch?

I moved in with my boyfriend this year. It was the ultimate bachelor pad and his friends kept saying "all it needs is a woman's touch." I think it needed the Merry Maids.

This is not a test, do not adjust your screens. He was really living like this, and yes, there is only ONE chair...in the whole apartment.

Before I moved in, he had one chair, a bed, and a kitchen table (with no chairs).

First things first! I needed to buy some chairs so I got two beauties off of Craigslist from a young couple moving out West. They had trouble parting with the chairs, and who wouldn't? They were in great shape! But they must have liked us because they gave us both chairs for $30. Minutes later, I was at Joann's picking out fabric and Lowes grabbing a new electrical staple gun!

On the first chair, we spray painted two coats of bright blue on the wood, removed the paisley fabric, and reupholstered with the pretty white. I would've done both chairs in that gorgeous fabric, but I have the tendency to spill things...and well, it was a bachelor pad, so Rusty's friends are always over and I don't know what I would do the first time beer or bbq sauce lands on that pretty thing! Before putting the pads back onto the chair, we finished it with a gloss. This makes it easier to wipe down the furniture.


The second chair was much more difficult! After removing the old fabric, I had to staple down the new fabric on the fronts and sides, sew a new cushion cover with back zip for easy clean, and then figure out how to finish the back...cue the studs. Those pretty little nail-in studs were not just used to add detail, it's actually what's holding the back together. I stapled the bottom on the inside, then folded the sides and top and nailed the studs.


 Shwew, I will clean up later! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi!
    Amazing job on the chairs, I love how they are each so unique! super cute blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsey! I've been following your blog for sometime now, so your comments mean a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!