1.05.2013

I Heart Shellac!

Have you discovered shellac yet? If not, what the heck are you waiting for?! There are many color options available and the service costs around $25 - $45. The best news is that it dries instantly, so no need to sit under a lamp before reaching your hands in your purse for your keys. Shellac is an awesome, less damaging alternative to acrylics, although it doesn't add length, and it lasts longer than a basic manicure. My shellac mani was smudge-free, chip-proof for 11 days! Once the corners began peeling on day 12, I used this blogger's simple steps for DIY Shellac removal.

Day 1
Day 5 - still going stong!










Week 1 - some growth, but still no chips!


1 comment:

  1. We have gel manicures at ABQ, which I think is very similar to Shellac. You dry it under a UV light and it forms a chip proof manicure that lasts about two weeks! I used to get them all the time but I love love love painting my nails ( I know, it's wierd) so I've been breaking from them for a bit...but I always go back to them when I have a special occasion or a trip! You can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!