1.03.2014

Friday Five: South Congress Edition

Today we took a stroll down our block to visit some of our favorite South Congress locations. If you've never been to Austin, this is one of the first districts people will tell you to visit as a tourist. South Congress is a renowned shopping district located in South Austin, and we're lucky to be located on this street!

1. When in Texas...
Austin is the only city where I've seen a cowboy riding a horse down a busy street, so I had to include this image. Plus, we have a great skyline. You can see our Capitol Building from any spot on South Congress.


2. Cup of Jo's
Ask any SoCo Sales Associate where to get a cup of coffee and they'll tell you Jo's. Not only does it have a great outdoor patio for people watching, but it is also home of the Belgian Bomber and Iced Turbo (for those who really need a jolt). You won't have any trouble finding Jo's, it's the one with the line of tourists taking "I Love You So Much" photos (see the guy below), and everyone should have an "I Love You So Much" photo. 


3.  Not So Secret Garden
Hotel San Jose has got to be my favorite hideout on South Congress. Even if you're not staying in the bungalow-style hotel, be sure to swing by their magical courtyard for a kickass happy hour. 


4. Quickie Lunch
When it's a busy day at the store, we're thankful for the many food trucks that grace the SoCo and SoFi neighborhoods. One of my favorites is Burro Cheese Kitchen. I had their Brie and Balsamic Apricot Fig spread on Easy Tiger Beer Bread and then I was hooked. A quickie Gourmet Grilled Cheese from an unassuming food trailer in the middle of your shopping day -- what more could you possibly want from life? 


5. But I want to sit down... 
Ok, so when you'd like to enjoy your coffee and lunch from a cozy booth or counter, then head on over to South Congress Cafe. For me it's more than their mouth-watering Carrot Cake French Toast and Belinis; a lot of my love for South Congress Cafe is because of the staff. The have some of the friendliest servers and bartenders in town. 


And hey, if you've made it to that neck of the woods, stop by next door, we'll be happy to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!