5.29.2012

How to Plan a Beauty Swap

I decided to clean out the dreaded cosmetic cabinet. As I attempted to toss out the items I hadn't used in over six months, I realized that the reason for my beauty product hoarding was because I knew the value of each item. As a frugalista, it hurt my heart to throw out products just because I didn't use them. If you find yourself in a place of cabinet space vs. wastefulness, don't just toss out your items, Keep Calm and Swap On!


Planning a Beauty Swap
  1. Pull out items that you haven't used in six months to a year. 
  2. Separate the items by category: Hair, Jewelry, Make-Up, Body, Face, Hands & Feet
  3. Invite your friends and ask them to also bring unwanted products, jewelry and clothes. 
  4. Create signs (I used picture frames) to let your guests know where to put their items.
  5. Serve some bellinis or another flirty drink and encourage your friends to bring their favorite side dishes.
NOTE: A portable garment rack showcases the available goods, while keeping the floor clear.

Not only will you unload some of your unused products in a less wasteful manner, but you may also come out with some new goodies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!