5.27.2012

The Silver Touch - Blue and White Chair Remix

I'm redesigning our Master Bedroom to be all white with silver accents. They don't call me Jodi "Penny Pincher" Schwaben for nothing... well they don't call me that at all, but they should because I am spinning this room for just a couple bucks. This means that instead of purchasing new items, I have to remix the items I currently own.

I decided it was time to tackle this old beauty. Remember this guy? It hurt my heart to update this blue and white chair because I loved that bright color, but it doesn't go with the theme.


I first primed the chair with Krylon Primer, then I used Krylon Metallic Brilliant Silver over the entire chair.

All done... Or is it?... Leave a comment!

I'm still deciding if the silver Bogarts the amazing pattern of the fabric... I may re-prime and do an all white chair. Thoughts? Seriously, I want your opinion!!

Here's what it looks like in the partially finished corner... I need to update the trinkets on top of the cabinet, so additional pictures are forthcoming.



4 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous hun! Love the silver! -- Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chair reminds me of old hollywood glam. To make it more so, I am seeing black & white check for the material and faux fur pillow in white and/or black. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do I think? I think I LOVE that idea!! We've updated the room to be all silver and white. So maybe the faux fur pillow in white would be really cool! GREAT IDEA!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!