1.26.2013

Turn an unused closet into an Office!

It's been a while since my last post, but only because I've been crazy busy! With the upcoming nuptials, we'll have several friends and relatives visiting within the next year and Rusty and I've been trying to make some DIY updates. First room tackled was our guest room. We barely use the room and we've been talking about ways to make it more useful in between guest visits, but the major issue is the awkward shape and tiny space. Of course, I wanted to turn it into a giant walk-in closet, but that wouldn't be helpful when guests do arrive. So instead, we decided to keep the room as the little half office/half guest room it currently is, and to make the most of the space by transforming the closet into an office.

The closet office could use some sprucing and I still need to do something with the top shelf. I'd love to hear from you! What are your suggestions to making the office less drab?



2 comments:

  1. I have Lots of ideas. We can work on when I get there. One thing, get another board and place in front of the other, making shelf longer. Turn sewing Machine and basket 1/4 turn and set the folder up on side. Get another open basket to place loose items in. You will have more space up there. Buy a calendar and small inspirational poster to hang on wall and small decorative cork board for pinning things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I think a battery powered lamp and a small vase with flowers would do the trick!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!