12.27.2013

Friday Five: Holiday Edition

by Jodi

I decided for this Friday Five, I would focus on my five favorite ornaments. I'm not much of a sentimental person, but it's incredible the memories that each ornament holds as you pull them from your storage and place them on the tree.


Our First Christmas in Austin: Rusty and I are from Ohio and the Don Drumm Dove and A Christmas Story house were given to us from our parents during our first Christmas here. Don Drumm is a celebrated local artist in Northeastern Ohio and the film A Christmas Story was shot one block from Rusty's old house in Cleveland.

Our First Married Christmas: We were wed in November 2013, so this was our first married Christmas! One of my best friends sent us a 2013 Mr. & Mrs. ornament and Rusty bought me a lovely Tiffany & Co. Crystal Nutcracker to symbolize our first year together.

Just Because: I love the Polar Express (book, movie AND train ride -- in Akron, Ohio -- do it if you can!) and I received this beautiful Polar Express bell as a reminder to never stop believing. Super cheesy and totally beautiful at the same time.

I have yet to put away this year's ornaments, but I know that I will be excited to pull them out again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!