12.08.2012

A Twist on Engagement Photos

Originally Rusty and I didn't want to do engagement photos or an engagement party. We had enough photos of ourselves and we didn't want our friends to have to go to another obligatory party where they'd have to spend even more money on gifts...until...

Rusty came up with a brilliant idea. What if we combined the two things? We certainly have a lot of photos of ourselves, but you can never have too many photos of your friends. We invited everyone over to our friend's chic South Austin home for a 60's themed engagement party photo session complete with fondue, martinis and big hair!  Our party started at 5:30pm and went until 1:30am... I can't wait to see these fools at our wedding!

We wanted a magazine editoral shoot, rather than just a point-and-shoot engagement session, so we enlisted the glam Austin/LA/NYC photographer Courtney Chavanell, whose been featured in NYLON, SPIN, Under the Radar and more!

Check 'em out!





My fave photo of the night. It was everything I wanted in this shoot!
I'm a pretty lucky gal!
I made this dress, so I had to get a back shot!


And the not-so-professional (and slightly embarrassing) photos...










3 comments:

  1. the black and white ones are stunning jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are AMAZING, YOU are gorgeous and that dress you made is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!