12.05.2012

Turn that Walk of Shame into a Stride of Pride!

In college, I had a lifesaving kit for when those late nights turned into early mornings (of course I'm talking about all-night study sessions in the library). I called it my Stride of Pride bag, because there's no reason you can't look like a lady while doing unladylike things! Pack these items into a small make-up bag and throw it in your satchel before heading out to girls' nights, parties or your city's version of W. 6th St.

You don't have to be a college student stumbling from a fraternity house to enjoy this bag, it's great for crashing on a friend's couch or for that beginning stage of a relationship when you don't have your own sock drawer and you're not ready for him to see you in all your morning glory...yet. This bag helps you say I always look this great, now who's ready for coffee?!

Tip: Try to stick to cheap items, that way if it's ever left somewhere you never plan on returning, no big loss.


1. Oil Blotters (Try Boscia Green Tea Blotters | $10 for 100pk at Sephora) 
2. Colgate Wisp
3. Make-up Wipes (Try e.l.f Make-up Removing Wipes | $3 for 20pk at Target)
4. Hair Ties (Try Jewel Ribbon Hair Ties | $8 for 8pk at Sephora)
5. Motrin or Ibuprofen of choice (Not with acetaminophen, it's dangerous when mixed with alcohol).
6. Fold-up Flats, nothing says Walk of Shame like wobbling down the street in heels at 9am. (Try TipsyToes *Pictured* or Dr. Sholls Fast Flats for a cheaper option)
7. Quickie make-up items, tinted moisturizer, mascara and lipgloss will do ya good!

Not pictured, but equally important: Clean pair of undies & a couple tampons (just in case!)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jodi! Loving your blog and this post! It's so great to have some emergency items on hand at all times. Great post!!!

    Arantha

    http://aranthasgourmetbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those hair ties and the fold-up flats have saved me from getting the dreaded black foot which takes three showers to undo! Great idea!
    Josa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Josa, I know that black foot issue well. I also love those hair ties! Got one in my Birchbox and they're super nice for your hair (no tangles or pulling) and look great at the end of a side braid.

    Thanks Arantha! Love your stuff, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, great tips Jodi! I will need to feature you on my website soon. I know you'll provide some useful tips to my readers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!