12.16.2012

Put Your Best Face Forward - Part Deux

WHAT'S IN MY BAG? 

Cosmetic Bag by Tory Burch


Part II of Put Your Best Face Forward features my make-up bag! I'm not a professional makeup artist, so I'm not going to try to sell you on all the reasons you need every color of the rainbow in eyeshadow. These are my beauty basics -- the must-haves for all make-up bags.






1. MAC Cremesheen in Japanese Maple 
The BEST Nude. Perfect for day-to-day or for a great smokey-eye/nude lip evening look. (Mac Stores - $14.50)

2. theBalm® Mary-Lou Manizer 
If you learn ANYTHING makeup related from me, please let it be the wonders a good highlighter can do for your face (...and your legs... and your collarbone...) honestly, this is a make-up must. I like Mary-Lou Manizer's gold tint for the Summer, but now that it's FINALLY starting to feel like winter in Austin, I'll be switching to MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Highlighter in Soft Glow, which has pink tones. (Birchbox - $24)

3. ModelCo Fibre Lash Extend
I received this in my Birchbox and fell in love instantly. It's not just the awesome length and volume I get from this incredible formula, but also the attached mirror -- making this product the easiest to use in ALL situations. Remember that little overnight bag we talked about?? Yeah, ModelCo Fibre Lash Extend would be a good addition. (Birchbox - $24)

4. Boscia BB Cream
If you saw my last post, you know my love for Boscia. First off, in addition to being cruelty free, they're also soy free which is great for we soy-allergy sufferers. (Side note: did you know your adult acne could be a soy allergy? Oh yeah...check into it). If you have yet to hear of BB Cream, allow me to revolutionize your makeup world. BB Cream (Beauty Balm) is an all-in-one tinted moisturizer, providing nutrients to minimize pores, even skin tone, treat acne while hiding it and reduce the appearance of sun and age spots. And it's a makeup. That's right, BB Cream gives you a flawless, air-brushed appearance, while also fixing some of your skin care woes. I have tried a few BB Creams, but Boscia remains my favorite for it's weightlessness and it's color-match technology. (Boscia - $38)

5. bareMinerals Warmth All-Over Face Color
I'm a fair-skinned gal and I love me some bronzer. I would also suggest Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder and NARS bronzers. However, bareMinerals is what's in my current bag. I love the all-over glow it gives me, without looking orangey or made-up. It's such a natural, soft bronze, that keeps me looking healthy in the winter. (Sephora - $19) 

6. MAC Plushglass in Ample Pink
This is a must, must, must - a true, everyday gloss. I also wear it over my MAC Japanese Maple lipstick. MAC Plushglass line comes with a little tingle to give the lips a lil lift; we're not talking Lip Venom kind of plump, just a little extra oomph. (Mac Stores - $18.50)

7. Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Shy Blush
Move outta the way, NARS Orgasm, this old gal's got new tricks. Why spend almost $30 on a blush, when you can get the same color for $10! That's right, Mary Kay's Shy Blush is a great dupe for less, and if you buy it through one of your local MK reps, you're also helping out a friend or family member! Double score! Ps. They also have a GREAT matte pink, too. You really should have both... (Mary Kay -$10)

8. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner  
This eyeliner is by far the fastest and most efficient way to put on liquid eyeliner. It gives the most perfect line every time, and I'm not talking about just your Gma's cat-eyed look; Eyeko's eyeliner can be worn every day, as it dries in a much more subtle way than most liquid eyeliners. Simply a must.
(Sephora - $15)


SEE PART I: SKIN CARE MUST-HAVES HERE



2 comments:

  1. UM I LOVE this post! I also love love love Ample Pink Plush Glass and Eyeko Skinny liner! Japanese Maple has been on to-buy list for a while now. You've reminded me I need ASAP. For nudish lipsticks I love MAC Creme d' nude, Blankety, Honey Love, Creme Cup and Hue. I also swear by Loreal Voluminous mascara and lately I like Voluminous False Fiber Black Lacquer mascara even more. I also love Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturzer and NARS tinted moisturizer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! Thanks for your list! I am always on the hunt for the perfect tinted moisturizer for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!